A concentrated calcium supplement for individuals most at risk for calcium inadequacy*
DiCalcium Malate contains DimaCal®, which is optimally absorbed and is more concentrated than other calcium forms, providing more calcium per capsule.
- Cancel or modify anytime
- Free shipping
Discount and free shipping only available to retail customers. Discount does not apply to initial product purchase.
DiCalcium Malate consists of one molecule of malic acid that is bound to two molecules of calcium, which results in a compound that is 29-percent calcium – compared to calcium citrate, which is 19-percent calcium – thus resulting in more elemental calcium per capsule.
Those individuals most at risk for inadequate calcium intake are:
- Peri-menopausal and post-menopausal women
- Women with irregular menstruation, particularly women in which this is due to prolonged athletic activity or strenuous military service
- Individuals on a dairy-free diet
- Vegetarians and vegans, because their diets are higher in plant-derived phytates and oxalates that inhibit calcium absorption
- Pregnant women, particularly women with a history of gestational hypertension
- Individuals on prescription and OTC medications such as antacids (H2 blockers or proton pump inhibitors) that can inhibit absorption, or glucocorticoids such as prednisone that can increase calcium loss
- Individuals with a vitamin D deficiency – because vitamin D is necessary for calcium absorption
Each Capsule Contains:
Calcium (as DimaCal® DiCalcium Malate)† 250 mg
Other Ingredients: Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Medium Chain Triglyceride Oil.
†This product uses DimaCal® DiCalcium Malate. DimaCal is a registered trademark of of Albion International, Inc.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
If pregnant, consult your health professional before using this product.
There are no known adverse interactions or contraindications at publication date.
Bringing health to your home.
Our new suite of Thorne tests allow you to take steps towards a healthier lifetsyle while in the comfort of your own home. No lab visit required. Ever. Learn more about Thorne home tests and find out which test is right for supporting you in becoming your best self.
People Like You Also Shopped For