The Thorne No List
Simply put, our “No List” is a list of the substances that Thorne refuses to include in our nutritional supplement products. Unnecessary fillers, additives, and allergens are all included on our No List. In addition:
- Ingredients that don’t have the necessary potency are NOs.
- Ingredients that contain any contaminants are NOs.
- Ingredients that can’t meet our stability testing standards are NOs.
The No List speaks to the core of our company, to our commitment to provide high-quality nutritional supplements that contain research-backed ingredients, in effective amounts, that have the potency to meets label claims all the way up to the day of expiration.
The No List speaks to our commitment to provide our customers with a supplement product whose ingredients can be trusted to be consistent from batch to bottle.
There are many shortcuts and loopholes that supplement manufacturers can exploit for financial gain. Thorne’s No List protects our customers from experiencing a loss in quality, just for the sake of the manufacturer’s gain.
Thorne Products Contain:
- Ingredients from the purest sources worldwide
- Flavors, colors, preservatives, and sweeteners derived from natural sources
Thorne Products Never Contain:
- BHA (butylated hydroxyanisole)
- BHT (butylated hydroxytoluene)
- Diethanolamine (DEA)
- EDTA compounds
- Ephedra (or ma huang)
- Ethyl vanillin
- FD&C colors
- Fructose (as HFCS or corn sugar)
- Triethanolamine (TEA)
- Glycols and their derivatives
- GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms)
- Hydrogenated oils
- Ingredients sterilized by ethylene oxide
- Irradiated ingredients
- Metallic colorants
- Mineral oil
- Monoethanolamine (MEA)
- PEGs or 1,4-dioxane
- Propyl gallate
- Substances banned by international athletic federations
- TBHQ (tertiary butylhydroquinone)
- Vanillin (synthetic)
Get weekly Take 5 Daily
News, featured products, and stories delivered right to your inbox.
More from Take 5 Daily
Dr. Brent Bauer, MD, director of Mayo Clinic Complementary and Integrative Medicine Program, talks about nutritional supplements. Dr. Bauer covers various aspects of the supplement industry, includ...