The Importance of Probiotics
Probiotic bacteria help prevent the overgrowth of undesirable bacteria and fungi in the intestines, genitourinary tract, and skin.* This is accomplished via competitive inhibition, lactic acid production (resulting in an acidic environment not conducive to bacterial or fungal growth), and production of substances with properties that create an unfavorable environment for undesirable bacteria.*
What is Bacillus coagulans?Bacillus coagulans
(former nomenclature, Lactobacillus sporogenes
) is a lactic acid-producing, spore-forming bacillus that provides the benefits of probiotic supplementation, with significant advantages over L. acidophilus
.* Bacillus coagulans
is a safe, effective probiotic that needs no special handling, survives in stomach acid, and is delivered to the small intestine without loss of viable organisms.* In contrast, many common Lactobacillus products lose most or all of their potency before use and do not survive well in stomach acid.
Why Bacillus coagulans?
- Sturdy – Bacillus coagulans is a hardy bug, able to withstand the harsh exposure of stomach acid and still reach the intestinal tract intact.
- Stable – Bacillus coagulans is a spore-forming bacteria. This unique characteristic allows Bacillus coagulans to be shelf-stable, thus requiring no refrigeration or special handling unlike many other probiotic formulas. It also makes Bacillus coagulans an ideal dietary supplement, particularly for those who travel.
- Specific – Another unique feature of Bacillus coagulans is that it produces only the preferred L(+) optical isomer of lactic acid. Unlike the other D(-) lactic acid isomer, the L(+) form is completely metabolized in the body, thus lessening the risk of metabolic acidosis.
- Sustainable – After Bacillus coagulans passes through the stomach it quickly germinates and colonizes in the intestinal tract.*
- Safe – Bacillus coagulans has a solid safety history of use in both animals and humans.
- Strong – Each capsule of Bacillus coagulans contains 2 billion CFUs.
To order this product, click here.